Team Chevelle banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this subject has been beat to death, and i did search/read just about every post on it. I just acquired a complete T-56 setup from a 1995 Z28 and will probably take the plunge to install behind the 454 in my 70 Chevelle, which was originally a 4 speed car. Still has the "magic pedal." I checked out www.t56kit.com, but that kit only seems available for earlier F bodies...Can anyone point me in the right direction for any info i may need? I want a 100% understanding of what is needed so there will be minimal surprises for a 70-72 application. I know a TH350 yolk will fit, and i believe i need an 11" balanced flywheel? A pic of trans tunnel modification would be a home run as well. Please don't suggest a TKO 5 speed, as i have no interest. I think the six speed should be nifty with my 4:10 gears and my taller rear tires....Plus it's what i have, and i know the history of the trans because i have owned the car it came out of =) Any tips would be awesome. I am going to double post this into pro touring as well just in case that is a more suitable area for a question of this nature.....Thanks in advance to all and any replies!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts