Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy some original T-3 head lights for my 69, are all small T-3's correct for 69? I heard its harder to find low beams than it is hi beams, so what should I pay for a good working bulbs both hi and low beams?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Luke,it is true,low beam T-3's are not as common as high beams, simply because no one drives around with highbeams on all the time (except when they are on the same road as me) Be aware that there are 2 "types" of T-3's. Aftermarket T-3's are available for the years 67 and earlier. They don't make them yet for 68 and newer. You can do what I did, place an ad in the "parts wanted" section. You will be amazed at the amount of replies that you get. As for price, you will see a wide range of prices. Deal with someone you feel comfortable with and you can get a good set for a reasonable price. Good Luck !
One note- "early" and "late" T-3's ALL function in your 69. Unless you are going for points in shows, just get a matching set, remember that they aren't the brightest lights out there...

[This message has been edited by MoeMan (edited 04-25-99).]

·
Registered
60 Posts
You'd be amazed at the number of older cars with T-3's on them. I've seen some salvage yard owners give them away and some charge as much as $20 per light. A good price is about $1-$5 per light. But, unless your ride is going to be a 100 point show car, I wouldn't bother with them. They are very dim by today's standards. Get a set of modern halogen bulbs because you don't want to wreck your baby at 1:00 AM because you couldn't see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.