Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have seen this posted in the parts for sale. I want to know more infomation about it, like how many gears? I would guess 4 but would like to know. What will they bolt up to? will it bolt up to a small or big block chevy?, who makes the tranny? how strong is it compared to a muncie m-22 rock crusher? How much power can it handle without stressing it too much?
Thanks
Ben Matheny

R

·
0 Posts
The tranny is a "Borg-Warner" unit, yes, it's a 4 speed, with I think is a 2.64 first
gear, it will bolt right up to GM bellhousings from a big or small block that came originally (or aftermarket) with either a saginaw or
muncie. The T-10 is virtually indestructible!
I use to run one 15 years ago in a steet/strip 450hp chevelle, their only draw back I seem to remember is a slight gear whine, due to the angle the internal gears are cut.

R

·
0 Posts
The tranny is a "Borg-Warner" unit, yes, it's a 4 speed, with I think is a 2.64 first
gear, it will bolt right up to GM bellhousings from a big or small block that came originally (or aftermarket) with either a saginaw or saginaw,You,ll have to check the input shaft splines for compatabillity with your existing clutch disc.
The T-10 is virtually indestructible!
I use to run one 15 years ago in a steet/strip 450hp chevelle, their only draw back I seem to remember is a slight gear whine, due to the angle the internal gears are cut.

W

·
0 Posts
Plain Jane T-10, if it is the early type, are as prone to failure as any other 4 speed. Only the later Super T-10 is more bullet proof, if they make such a thing.

Early T-10s are all aluminum just like the Muncie, mid years are cast iron cases and aluminum tail housing. The Super T-10 have a cast iron case, aluminum tail housing and a large output shaft like the M-22 and the turbo 400.

------------------
Wally
Gold #67
67 Malibu "Small Block"
90 SS454
71 Malibu "Small Block"
93 torch red vette

R

·
0 Posts
I ran the later "super T-10" with
the iron body, remember now how heavy that
thing was. But in hundreds of hard launches and countless 7000+ shifts it never let me down!!!!!

PS: I broke the tailshaft on a saginaw, broke the cluster gear in a M-21.

PSS: the lower first gear is also a plus!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.