Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a post on here a while back that had a link to a webpage showing how someone converted a sweeper dash to accept "modern" guages. I've tried searching this site and can't seem to find it again. Can anyone out there supply me with the link to this site?
Thanks.

·
Registered
321 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Michael! I believe we'll try to tackle this. Has anyone else done this with satisfactory results?
Thanks again.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Yeah Uncle, I did it on my '67. I cut a piece of stainless to mount the guages into. I used the old lense and the bezel as a template. I got them wired up before I put it back into the car, so all I had to do was hook up the power, ground, speedo cable and senders after it was back in.

------------------
Don - Chicago 'Burbs
'67 Malibu Street Machine
"Under Construction"
Gold #43
I've heard that the memory is the second thing to go.
I don't remember what the first thing is!?

·
Premium Member
6,954 Posts
I've looked at this conversion. The workmanship looks real nice and the idea is great. I would make one change, however. If you look at the shift indicator, it should be at the center of the steering column. Now look at its relationship to the guages. In that configuration, I'm guessing that the steering wheel will partially obstruct the tachometer. I would probably move one of the guages on the left towards the right side and shift the speedo and tach to the left - centered within the steering wheel opening.

$1.00/50=cha-ching!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alan F., good points. Thanks for the input.
Anyone else try this?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.