Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of building a driver out of a small block 70 Chevelle. It has the standard sweep dash in it now, a friend gave me a round gauge cluster and PCB(with idiot lights).

I know I will need the round gauge dash, which seem to be failry easy to come by. My question is, what else will be required to make the swap? Can it be dome without replacing the dash harness?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[This message has been edited by bigconig (edited 10-12-2002).]

·
Registered
78 Posts
Unfortunately, yes you will need a different dash harness. I am in the process of rewiring my entire 72 SS and have learned alot from Elree and John. Be aware that there are two different PCB's, one for gauges and one for idiot lights. also the dash harnesses are slightly different also between the gauge setup and an idiot light one. Monte carlos share the same harness and there are alot of good deals on harnesses on EBAY if you are patient. Look under chevelle wiring harness.
BIGSARGE
72 ss 454 4spd, Elkhart green, white stripes, black bucket interior

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was afraid of that, well I suppose I have all winter to track one down. Thanks for your help-

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
The Muscle Factory has a coversion for an idiot light round dash to make it into a guage dash. It comes with an adapter cable to use the idiot light harness. Would love to know if its a good set up. Have heard comments about the quailty of some of their products.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After looking at the schematics on noneck's site, I think I should be able to wire jumpers from my exhisting harness to the PCB. I assume heater/vent controls, ignition etc. are all seperate and shouldn't pose a problem. I may even be able to use proper plugs (I work in pro-audio and have access to loads of wiring stuff) I will keep everyone posted on progress.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts