Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a H/D sway bar from a friend but he did not know the correct length of the sway bar end links. Summit and autozone only list them in sizes not model specific. They said I had to measure the spacing between the upper and lower bushing or sleeve so to speak.

Does someone know the correct measurement or could measure theirs for me as I plan to order some tonight.

thanks

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
You're in luck Steven, I have a set sitting right here that will be going on my car this winter. I have a large sway bar (not sure just what size) and these replacements are the same size as what's on the car. The sleeve is 2 3/4" long which is the distance between the two bushing washers.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

------------------
ACES #4241, TC #947
69 SS Sedan
CanAm Chevelle Club

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks but I cant find 2 3/4 length available. This is from energy suspension website. Thanks alot for the help I just want to make sure I get the right part ordered and I have nothing to compare them to.

Thanks for the help.

TO FIT/SELECT PROPER SET- Vehicle must be on level ground (not jacked up) with wheels supporting it. Make sure stabilizer bar end eyelet (B) is parallel with the control arm (C). Many times they are not. You may be required to use a slightly longer or shorter sleeve length than the original. Measure sleeve length (A) and compare to the chart to find the correct set.
"A" Length Set Number
1" 9-8122
1 5/8" 9-8120
2" 9-8123
2 3/8" 9-8125
2 5/8" 9-8117
2 7/8" 9-8118
3 3/8" 9-8119
3 9/16" 9-8124
4 1/4" 9-8149
4 1/2" 9-8121

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
I work at a parts store that sells quite a bit of Energy Suspension. I would get the end link kit listed for your car. I have never seen a set returned regardless of the sway bar diameter.

Steve R.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Steve,

I installed an 1-1/4 inch sway bar on my 69' SS396 last winter. The spacers I got with the new end link hardware are 2-7/8 inch, but I see that I shimmed them with a few washers so the measured length should have been your 3-3/8 inch option.

By the way for anyones information I used a late model Malibu 1-1/4 inch sway bar. I believe it was about a 1978 model part. Brand new GM part.

FastSS396Man

------------------
Brian

69' SS396 Chevelle
L78 396/375hp
M-21 Close Ratio
Cortez Silver
10 year Resto
It's brand new again!
02' Harley FatBoy, Diamond Ice pearl.

[This message has been edited by fastss396man (edited 12-13-2001).]

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
I put a T/A bar on my '71 and with the replacement length links there was tie rod interference.
I put slightly longer links on and have no more problems. They look to be 3 1/4" long, possibly the 3 3/8 Brian has mentioned.

------------------
Doug, Chevl71
Team Chevelle member #625
Gateway Area Chevelle Club member CM028
(OO ss OO)
chevl71 homepage

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.