Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I'm getting ready to replace my front sway bar bushings. It looks to me to be a fairly simple process of unbolting the bracket, removing the old and inserting the new. Is it that easy or is there a trick? I ask because all the pictures I've seen show the sway bar disconnected from the front end.
Thanks in advance,
kevin d

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buck,
I already did the end links when I did the other front end stuff. Its just one of those things I kept putting off because it looked "easy". I can't blame it on youth, just inexperience! Thanks,
kevin d

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had my bar off completely and did the end links and the bushings at the same time. It should be pretty easy for you, though. Try loosening both brackets, and then just changing one at a time. Should be a peice of cake. Good luck!

·
Registered
622 Posts
If the new ones are split, no problem, if not, they must slide over the end of the bar- use WD40 or similar to slide em.

------------------

·
Registered
79 Posts
My new ones came from PST. They were split so they could just be pried over the bar. PST supplied a little packet of white grease to use in the bushing. You should probably make sure you grease yours a little bit to prevent squeaks and binding.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not a problem. This is the easiest job on a front end. Use the Poly bushings. Ditto on everything mentioned above, however, if using the split bushings, place the split toward the front of the car. Poly end links are the way to go also. Questions? EMail me at [email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.