Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody make bushings that fit into stock brackets for an F41 1.125" front sway bar? All the parts houses replacements aren't even close. There's lots of Poly bushings out there but they will not work with stock brackets.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Moog bushings I used fit fine but I can't remember the part #
The ones I tried were Moog and they had 2 listings - 15/16" and 1" or larger. So I tried the 1" or larger and the hole was exactly 1" leaving a huge gap when fittin around the bar. Also they were so tall they left a 1/2" of rubber beyond the mating surface. Will they 'scrunch' down that much?

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Mike, Check your local Chevy dealer... Later model mailbu's I think around 78' used a large sway bar. I used the bushings and the bracket on my 69'. If you click mon my showroom pics there is a front end chassis shot tht shows the bar, brackets and bushings.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Brian, they look good. I just ordered some from Ground Up that are supposed to work with the F41 bar...we'll see.

·
Premium Member
7,106 Posts
I've bought 2 sets of the ones that Ground Up has. The ones they advertise as 1.25" fit my F41 bar. I also used their 1.25" frame mounts.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've bought 2 sets of the ones that Ground Up has. The ones they advertise as 1.25" fit my F41 bar. I also used their 1.25" frame mounts.
Thanks for the confirmation Alan, I appreciate it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts