Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1967 Pontiac Beaumont. (A Canada only car, VERY similar to a chevelle. It currently has a 2-speed powerglide transmission with a console shift. The console and shifter are the same as those used in chevelles.I want to swap in a TH-350 transmission. Has anyone out there done this swap? Do you know if I can use my same shifter/console? My email is: [email protected] Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hey Johny...

Yes you can use your whole kit. The TH350 will bolt in and just verify that you have no more than 3/4" play in your driveshaft. Preferably 1/2" would work best. As for the shifter, you can get a new detent kit from any number of suppliers. Try Original Parts Group, Year One, The Paddock. The kit should run you about 50.00 US. Some of these suppliers even have console lens' to show the three speeds vs two.

I did the change over in my 64SS and it makes a huge difference. We used my original console etc... but the existing detent kit was modified to use a cable and give me 3 speeds. It worked but a pain in the butt to do.

Hope it helps

------------------
The proud owner of a Canadian 64-SS with ZZ4 Power!
Team Chevelle Gold Member #37
Canadian Classic Chevelles & Beaumonts Member #350

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.