Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my new moser 9 in for a 70 malibu a-body and was going to replace the lower control arms with lakewoods lift bars (ssm bars)To deal with the wheel hop issue, well they dont work. The brackets are totally different on the 9 in., same location but different set-up. Dont have any clues what to do now, re-use my old ones, send them back and get aftermarket arms,poly or rubber, any help would be great, new at this stuff and I'm lost. Thanks for the help, Money is an issue, mainly for street with 454 with 500 h.p with occasional drag use

·
Premium Member
7,945 Posts
I dont have that setup, but you are probably getting wheel hop from your car being too high up. Try lowering it a bit, if not put anti hop brackets on top, or get adjustable uppers so you can adjust pinion angle. Poly bushings in the rear can cause bind, the angles dont allow smooth movement unless the bushings can give. I am using global west lower arms with a spherical bearing in one end to eliminate bind. I am using stock uppers with rubber bushings, because these need to flex the most. I run edelbrock trailing arm braces and a hotchkis sway bar. I had BAD wheelhop, I lowered it an inch and it went away. However, the anti hop brackets on top can "fix" the wheel hop, or bandaid it anyway...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Not to get to far off your topic, but did you have to replace your dirve line when you did the Moser swap. I ask because I'm in the middle of doing the same thing right now. I'm using the 1350 yoke.

Also, with the Moser 9" you might not be able to do the no hop bars since everything I have seen uses the 12 bolt housing. The upper adjustables will really gain you a ton of tuneability. A few degrees of of pinion adjustment just might get rid of the wheel hop. In all the Chevelles I have owned I have never had a wheel hop problem, but I have always had a sticky tire on them.

Thanks,
Corey

1 - 5 of 5 Posts