Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 66 with a 509 and 5spd i need to know what kind of shocks and springs control arms etc work the best

------------------

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have a 454 in my 66 I used HOTCHKIS high performance springs, PST polygraphite bushings everywhere, and a thick 1 1/4inch sway bar. I used the stock control arms and it hugs curves like a rice burner. it lowerd the front about a 2in makes for a great stance

·
Registered
79 Posts
One of the big questions is what do you want to do with your car? Is is for the street or for the strip?

Assuming it is for the street, I would have to agree with Justin. I am just finishing putting Hotchkis 1" lowering springs and PST polygraphite bushings in my front end.

I also used polygraphites for all my rear bushings and the body mount bushings. I boxed the stock rear control arms and added a rear sway bar. The rear also got the Hotchkis springs. Also put KYB shocks all around.

If you are drag-racing, you probably want a different setup. I don't drag race, though, so I will let someone else explain that.

Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey jpeter,

I'll mention the HO Racing parts available from Malibu Performance (818 222 6725).
1 3/8" sway bars, springs and urethane bushings that (in a Car Craft side by side test) had a '64 GTO pulling higher G's than a ZR1 'Vette! Now that's impressive!

Good Luck,
Bruce

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.