Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While cruising through the parts for sale section of this site, I came across a couple of messages from Al and Rick Bucci. It is rule of theirs that no matter how bad a deal you got, how much money you lost, or how bad you felt you were screwed in general, there is to be no bashing, trashing, badmouthing, berating or insulting any parts suppliers on this site. There have been a lot of new people finding their way onto this site in the past few months, and I thought I'd give a friendly reminder. Plus, there are some parts that I aand many like myself would still be looking for if it weren't for this site and the parts for sale section. They have mentioned shutting that section down if supplier bashing continues. So how about it guys? Let's police ourselves and stick to Al's rules. Let's not sneak insults and trash talk about suppliers into the parts for sale pages anymore.

·
Administrator
3,375 Posts
Clarification.
I should mention that we really DO care about what happens with bad deals and have intervened in quite a few. If someone contacts me with all the info about a bad experience, I email the offending party and get their views. If it's a rip-off, we whack ALL their ads now and in the future. We do expect the offended to have made some pretty serious attempts at resolving the issue before involving us as a third party.

*repost*
What we don't want is anonymous complaining. What good is that and the concern we have is this:
Who is saying what about whom? I don't take a 'throw-away' yahoo or hotmail address very seriously and neither should you. If someone merely wanted to financially harm a business (or a competitor?) all they would have to do is post some half-truths or lies here and if we left them, then what? Who gets hurt?

That's our simple, but oh so misunderstood policy.

*sigh... Al

[This message has been edited by Al (edited 10-06-99).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.