Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I would just like to ask anyone who uses a roots style blower atop their small block if they notice any gas mileage differences, bad or good? I have read in a couple magazines, including CHP, that state that gas mileage is halved under WOT. They also say, however, that undernormal driving(keeping your foot out of it) that the blower increases effeciency, and your gas mileage may stay the same or increase over the natuarally aspirated engine. It's just interesting to me considering the want for power at rising gas prices.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Seriously? Uhh, even if part throttle was more efficient on a blown engine - why would you want to part throttle a blown engine

If you drive enough that you have a need for increasing fuel mileage I would suggest you follow the tried and proven route: overdrive transmission and fuel injection. Modern technology has brought us the ability to do some amazing things - my other car is a modded late model Corvette, runs in the 12's at almost 115 mph, yet it will get an easy 26+ mpg on the highway.

------------------
"Bomber" '67 El Camino, Beater comes back to life.
Was 350/TH350 14.90 @ 93mph, 350,000+ miles on car
Now 406 roller, 340rwhp, more hp on its way :)
Left in drive, upshift at 4,000 rpm, 13.31 [email protected] mph

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.