Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have been running a B&M on my Chevelle for a couple of years now. It is the smallest one they make and just does fit under the hood of my 68. The engine is a 355. I ran a Megablower for many years on my 65 Vette but sold the car last winter. I still have the complete Megablower (I took it off the car before I sold it) and have been thinking about putting it on the Chevelle. I'm sure I could do the complete swap for under $100. I just haven't convinced myself to cut a hole in the hood!

------------------
68 Malibu B&M blown 350, TH350 with 10" converter and Gear Vendors overdrive, 12 bolt-3.90 gears
69 CST Pickup original 396, TH400 factory AC/PS/PB
99 Harley Dyna Wide Glide
91 Sportster 883- now a 1200!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a B&M 250 power charger on my 69. I feel it is the best roots type blower for a small block. Engine is a 383 using 2, 600dp. Got some killer picks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
In my 70 Chevelle I have a Weiand 6-71 on a 383 built for a blower. If you're planning on building a blown motor and havent done it before, be sure and ask a lot of questions around here. I personaly can tell you several things not to do! Building a blown motor is like building an entirely differnt kind of engine but boy will you love it when you're done!

Unfortunatly there are quite a few other big expensise besides the blower itself. (FORGED EVERYTHING) If anyone thinks you can get by with a cast crank go take a look at the one I broke at down around 2500 rpm.

Ive also got some GMC 6-71s that need to be freshened up. You can get these pretty durn cheap at swap meets and fix em up for less than $200. This is what I would suggest but Weiand aint bad once you get past the price tag.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the information.

I'm having a 454 built, bored, with a 8-71 Weiand. It will be built for blower application.

I bought a spare hood for $50, great deal. I will be storing my 396 and the original hood in storage.

Can you email me or post pics of your car if you have some?

Thanks.

------------------
Picture: My blown 468 Chevelle will look like this, in hugger orange

Picture: 69 SS Chevelle

Picture: 396 engine

Picture: My car on the cover of Super Chevy Magazine

Video: 1 meg video of my Chevelle warming up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.