Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone runnin one of these on a 66?
Not sure if I'd be able to close the hood on the car with it

·
Registered
11,851 Posts
What makes you feel you need a super victor over the standard Victor Jr on a street motor?

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
What makes you feel you need a super victor over the standard Victor Jr on a street motor?
SV makes more torque, I have run both in the past. Sold both of my Vic Jr.'s after running the 2925 SV it was so impressive. Porting the SV make it a killer intake as I have done that twice, hooking the car was a little touch and go after that.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure man . I just wanted to bring 2 intakes to the dyno and 2 carbs just to see what does what and where.
I've got a weiand dual plane air gap now .
I was thinkin I'd bring a single plane along too. You think a super victor would run good on this motor?

·
Registered
11,851 Posts
I'm not sure man . I just wanted to bring 2 intakes to the dyno and 2 carbs just to see what does what and where.
I've got a weiand dual plane air gap now .
I was thinkin I'd bring a single plane along too. You think a super victor would run good on this motor?
The only way to tell is to try the intake if you have it. I would test fit it on the stand to make sure the ports line up right and there are no sealing issues before getting to the dyno. I mean I guess the super victor is the same as what we did to the victor jr. All the small blocks we did would take the victor jr and use a 1" spacer and blend it into the plenum. On some of them we would extend the runner walls into the plenum about 1.5". Most of the Super Victors were restricted Nascar Modified 358's but they were making just under 600 hp with a 390 hollley. I ran the victor jr on all my drag small blocks but this was before the move into big inch small blocks. More like when a 406 was a big small block so I may be a little outdated on bigger port small block heads.

Reactions: Aml383

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only way to tell is to try the intake if you have it. I would test fit it on the stand to make sure the ports line up right and there are no sealing issues before getting to the dyno. I mean I guess the super victor is the same as what we did to the victor jr. All the small blocks we did would take the victor jr and use a 1" spacer and blend it into the plenum. On some of them we would extend the runner walls into the plenum about 1.5". Most of the Super Victors were restricted Nascar Modified 358's but they were making just under 600 hp with a 390 hollley. I ran the victor jr on all my drag small blocks but this was before the move into big inch small blocks. More like when a 406 was a big small block so I may be a little outdated on bigger port small block heads.
Sing it ! I'm all ears lol
Ok so vic jr with a one inch spacer might perform pretty close to what a super vic wouid.
This part I'm not following.
On some of them we would extend the runner walls into the plenum about 1.5".

600 hp with a 358 and 390 carb.
high rpms . No ?

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Ok so vic jr with a one inch spacer might perform pretty close to what a super vic wouid.

high rpms . No ?
Don't laugh, NASCAR did make over 600hp with the 390 carb at the time and the 750's that the cup guy used and higher compression made over 750hp. The Grand National cars used to be 9.5 compression also.

·
Registered
11,851 Posts
Don't laugh, NASCAR did make over 600hp with the 390 carb at the time and the 750's that the cup guy used and higher compression made over 750hp. The Grand National cars used to be 9.5 compression also.
Yup the local track was a 1/4 mile oval and these were the open wheel modified series. Being a lower series we were starting to see the upper series hand me down parts and the cars were getting too fast for the smaller local tracks. So the limits were starting with 12:1 compression, 390 carbs, and flat top pistons. We were seeing the “pontiac” casting small block Chevy heads coming down as the sb2 head motors were taking off in the cup series. That was about the time I left the engine shop. That was some fancy stuff to see for me.

Reactions: 68Chevele

·
Registered
11,851 Posts

high rpms . No ?
The runner dividers down in the plenum of the single plane intake. The wall between the connected intake runners. These ended well outside the plenum. So we epoxied pieces in to extend them and have a better signal to the carb. We saw 10-15 in some of them. I think later intakes came this way like the dart and brodix ones.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The runner dividers down in the plenum of the single plane intake. The wall between the connected intake runners. These ended well outside the plenum. So we epoxied pieces in to extend them and have a better signal to the carb. We saw 10-15 in some of them. I think later intakes came this way like the dart and brodix ones.
Yeah idk about showin up with 2 different carbs and 2 different intakes for this show .
I'm rethinkin that now .
Some cat on here told me I might be better to just run what I've got and make changes if any based on what's actually happening in the car and then make changes one at a time versus goin wholesale crazy bullshit lol

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
So the epoxy actually held up, What brand did you use?

·
Registered
11,851 Posts
So the epoxy actually held up, What brand did you use?
I don’t remember it was 15 years ago. I do remember it drying gray in color. This was however on leaded race gas motors. I won’t be brave enough to say ethanol unleaded gas wouldn’t eat it. My friends over the years were losing steel braided rubber fuel line in 6-8 years on ethanol gas, where my car ran the same line for 22 years with leaded race gas in it.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I don’t remember it was 15 years ago. I do remember it drying gray in color. This was however on leaded race gas motors. I won’t be brave enough to say ethanol unleaded gas wouldn’t eat it. My friends over the years were losing steel braided rubber fuel line in 6-8 years on ethanol gas, where my car ran the same line for 22 years with leaded race gas in it.
its a damm shame we have to run ethanol gas ,stuff evaporates over night out of a carb and eates rubber lines on the weed eaters and every thing else there are places close to me that sell pure gas but 6 dollars a gal dont think so

1 - 15 of 15 Posts