Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to put a 4-speed trans in my 67 Malibu. The bracket's on the frame, the hole in the firewall, but when I got it, the car came with a powerglide. (I don't care for them myself--besides, what fun is an automatic.) I decided I wanted a 4-apeed, and would go for an M-21 if need be, but I'd like to get a Super T-10. My question is: Since the Super T-10 was offered in the later years (T-10 was pre-68 I beleive) how easily will the trans bolt up with my existing Powerglide driveshaft, and do I use stock shifter linkage which would allow me to use a center console? (Should I just look for linkage to go with a Muncie--are they the same?) Would there be any floor cutting involved?

·
Registered
12,948 Posts
A Super T-10 will require a big yoke (turbo 400 size). This will require a combination of shifter components, such as from Hurst, because you are installing a ST-10 in a 67. You shoud be able to use the shifter for a 67 (it will require a mounting plate for the tailhousing to fit a ST-10) and an installation kit for a car that came with a ST-10. Such as late 70s Camaro/Firebird. I don't know if the people at Summit could piece this together for you or not. On a combination like this, I, personally, would call the tech people at Hurst.

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
Registered
501 Posts
A Hurst shifter from a Muncie trans will work on a T10 or even a Muncie shifter. The Muncie 4 speed transmission is almost a copy of a T10 transmission. There are fine spline and coarse spline T10 trans and Muncie transmissions so I am not shure on the driveshaft yokes and clutch plates but everything else bolt up.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
If you want to install a console, to have the stock look your going to have to weld in a hump panel. You could call Hurst or e-mail them. The tech guy's there will help you or like in previous post call Summit. I think that a T-10 has the reverse linkage that connects to the side cover and not in the tail shaft like the Muncie.I have a 67 and I am converting to Muncie M-21 and If you want pictures of how it look's I can send them to you. Also if you go with a Muncie tranny you won't have to change the driveshaft yoke and Hurst has a kit shifter to fit console and a Muncie. I can also give you those part numbers!

------------------
Thanks In Advance!
John Corbin Member #313
67' Chevelle Malibu Sleeper(Someday)

San Antonio, Texas

[This message has been edited by John Corbin (edited 02-05-2000).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.