Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one looks pretty spotless from the pics, and also looks to have much of the original interior that's been pretty well preserved.

From what I've observed, it's tough for a '64 Malibu to cross the $20k mark without the SS package and/or 4-speed and/or factory 327 option, but this one is probably worth $18-22k to the right guy. Really clean car with the obvious paint work needed at the corners of the rear window.

1964 Chevrolet Chevelle

·
Premium Member
4,507 Posts
For the right person not wanting to fully restore a rust bucket, I'd say it's worth 15K. Looks like a very solid ride, but needs a personal inspection. Underhood looks a little too clean even for 32k miles. Manifolds aren't even discolored.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Once again, I am pretty sure 15K is way under priced. Maybe that is what YOU want to pay, but the current market pricing is well above 20K and has been for a while now. I sold a 65 Malibu from Calif for 19.5K a little more than 3 years ago. It was in a little better condition than this only because it had been re-painted, but had 30K more miles on it.

Please find a totally rust free car in that condition for 15K for me and I'll even pay you a 1K finders fee. I am looking...

grr

·
Premium Member
7,223 Posts
Looks like a nice car to start with.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It has definitely been fluffed under the hood, but to me it's still a $18k+ car all day long...you just never see them this unmolested and clean.

·
Premium Member
4,507 Posts
Seller had a reserve of $30K, been watching too much Barrett Jackson. High bid was $13,950. That's about what it's worth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts