Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice car if you consider a repainted car a 'survivor'...I do.... Gorgeous looking original interior, too (if I remember correctly, this is one of the Skylark interiors available on the '68 Chevelle).

I would expect this one to do high teens....

1968 Malibu Convertible

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Hmmm.....something about that interior. Not saying it's wrong, but my 1st brand new '68 Malibu had a black vinyl Buick bench seat interior and it didn't look like that....

·
Premium Member
7,053 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Ok, I concur. The pic of the bucket seats in post #28 shows the same design. BUT, I know my 1st car didn't have the same pleats and medallions as those. Wonder if it's possible they used a couple different model Buick seats in the Chevelles back then. Such as Skylark and Gran Sport, or were they the same? The door panels in this white convert do look like the ones in my 1st Malibu.

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
Clean. $15-17K.

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
Ok, I concur. The pic of the bucket seats in post #28 shows the same design. BUT, I know my 1st car didn't have the same pleats and medallions as those. Wonder if it's possible they used a couple different model Buick seats in the Chevelles back then. Such as Skylark and Gran Sport, or were they the same? The door panels in this white convert do look like the ones in my 1st Malibu.
Some used Skylark interior with vertical rectangles on the door panels, some like the Concours & SS396 used Skylark Custom interior. Some used Cutlass S interior & the Concours could use a Cutlass Supreme interior. ...Then there were the 300 Deluxes... Life sure was like a box of chocolates that month on the Baltimore line.

·
Gold Founding Member
5,822 Posts
I don't think you can call it a survivor, I thinks its had 1/4 skins put on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts