Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read through the forums and seems many others have had this issue. I have reproduction Sunvisor Support and have used both the white and black plastic sleeves w/rubber tips with no luck, they still come down. I have tighted the screws (and actually broke one support, oops) and still no luck

Has anyone found a good source with quality supports that work as intended? I tried to put tape around the end with the sleeve but doesn't seem to work too well.

Any recommendations is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
1972 Chevelle ZZ383
446 Posts
My latest pair were one day old when the passenger side sunvisor refused to stay up.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am interested in this as well. My '70 convertible has the same issue. Original sun visors and mounts. I installed the white plastic sleeves and the passenger side works great but the drivers side won't stay up. AAAAARRGGHH!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I ordered a set from the Elcaminostore as recommended above ... should receive soon.

I'll let you know it they do the trick.

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ordered some original visor brackets from ebay for $20 and they did the trick for me. I agree with the other poster too....make sure you have the brushings.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I got the 2 GM visor supports and my bushings yesterday from the El Camino Store.

I will never order from them again! 1 of the GM supports was not molded correctly and the sunvisor tip wont even fit into it, let alone with the bushing in it. PLUS they overcharged me $61 from my original invoice

Called them today and they said I'll have to wait till Monday to see if there is an error

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
I used the replacement kit and still had an issue. I bught two torx nut bolts so I could put some pressure on them and they snugged up nicely. Not original but functional.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts