Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sun Super Tach (10 r.p.m.) that I found in a crate when I bought my Chevy. How do you hook up one of these. Does one wire go to the ignition, one to ground, the other to what? thanks in advance. There are no markings on the back of the unit.

Dino

·
Registered
13,149 Posts
1. Hot wire (+), ignition.
2. Negative (-) side of the coil.
3. Ground.
I will try to remember to see if I can locate the one I recently took out of my old Chevy ans determine which color goes where.

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
While I have you guys, what is the amps for a standard ignition on a 68. I would like to install a kill switch at the same time and I am looking for the correct switch to handle it. Thanks you gentlemen.

·
Registered
13,149 Posts
My old Sun Super Tach doesn't have wires coming out. It has terminals that are labeled, so no mistake where a wire would go. It is 10K and dated Nov 68.

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked the back of my Sun and it has a marking labled "trigger" along with a ground and ignition terminal. Where does the trigger come from?

G

·
DINO, the kill switch, is it just for the ignition or are you talking about a battery kill switch?

------------------
Wally
Gold #67
67 malibu

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wally-
It's going to be an ignition kill switch that has either to be pressed or depressed to allow for the current to flow to the key ignition.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.