Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would share this but I am not surprised by this tonight. A few months ago I ordered some parts and one of them was on back order, they were Offy Adapter plates and were a good deal at the time @ $107 buck for the pair so I ordered them. I left that part of the order open and it went on and on until it said the date of 3-15-2022 for a delivery. No biggie, today I was just looking at those plates on Summits site and it said delivery day would be tomorrow, WHAT?, so I went and looked up my order and it said the plates were canalled on 12-24-2021. Now I know I did not do that, as I was not home all day and I did not get home due to a flat tire on Christmas Eve until 1 AM. So I called summit and got a flunky rep who told me if I wanted them again I would now have to pay the new price of $170 BS I told the guy and you lost my business forever. I cannot believe how bad this has gotten, well it's their loss as I spent close to 5K on stuff last year and I have more stuff to order, but now form someplace else and I don't mean Jeg's either. Sorry for the rant.

·
Registered
637 Posts
hi
I waited 7 mths for a timing cover [included in that was 4mths for other parts ] . Because I had already paid up price was locked in . Yes some prices did go up over that period , I guess I`m lucky.

The expected delivery date is only SOMETIMES accurate . Its best to phone the supplier direct. Morosso LOL had not produced some parts for 12mths .
Some of the suppliers will jerk u around thou.
Some parts are cast by Edelbrock and since the buy out the foundry shifted causing major delays .

·
Premium Member
13,534 Posts
I have to agree with calling them back. I have done a lot of business with Summit and they usually bend over backwards for the customer. IMO one of the best vendors out there.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So this AM I called and did the wait thing for like 2 minutes, talked with the rep and got the same response so I asked for a supervisor and he was not able to help so I aske for one of the people higher up in the food chain but got no reply. I texted my Brother as he lives like 3 miles form the Summit in GA and has a good relationship with one of the big guys down there at their car show and got that guys number at Summit, guess what? that guy got things fixed and apologized for the hassle I had go through. What did happen, I guess was that from time to time parts back ordered will get canceled automatically and need to be re-ordered and that's what I was trying to do but with the price I was quoted which this guy honored but the lower people on the food chain didn't want to do, so now I paid for the part. Still was kind of a PIA to but it's fixed.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
If I really wanted that part, I would of paid the 80 bucks..

I don't know how this one incident can be used to make a judgement on a multi-million-dollar company. You said it in your post, some flunky rep. Unfortunately, a big operation like Summit Racing sometimes gets judged by the actions of some, snotty idiot.

In the whole you guys have to admit, Summit Racing has been very good to us gear heads because there one of us. I like how I can go to their web site and pull up different parts and not only look at the specs of that part but also get an honest evaluation of the quality of the part.

I am so glad it all worked out for you. After all we're in this for fun..

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I really wanted that part, I would of paid the 80 bucks..

I don't know how this one incident can be used to make a judgement on a multi-million-dollar company. You said it in your post, some flunky rep. Unfortunately, a big operation like Summit Racing sometimes gets judged by the actions of some, snotty idiot.

In the whole you guys have to admit, Summit Racing has been very good to us gear heads because there one of us. I like how I can go to their web site and pull up different parts and not only look at the specs of that part but also get an honest evaluation of the quality of the part.

I am so glad it all worked out for you. After all we're in this for fun..
This past year I have has several issues with getting stuff from Summit, so I guess it's the norm now with speed places and the fun part is blowing stuff up to buy more parts, lol.

·
Registered
906 Posts
i know one thing the price of seat covers went up , the one im looking at went from 200 to 280 dollars cant see a 80 dollar price increase

·
Registered
29 Posts
Summit rocks! They aren't the only vendor that cancels back orders if they remain open too long, or don't have an estimate from the manufacturer when they can fill the order.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
This past year I have has several issues with getting stuff from Summit, so I guess it's the norm now with speed places and the fun part is blowing stuff up to buy more parts, lol.
Everyone is having trouble getting things in stock right now in case you havent noticed....

Hell I went to a burger place the other night that didnt have any french fries because they couldnt get any potatoes.

The place I went to before that was closed early because they couldnt get the employees to work a night shift...

·
Premium Member
7,646 Posts
i know one thing the price of seat covers went up , the one im looking at went from 200 to 280 dollars cant see a 80 dollar price increase
This morning I ordered several hundred dollars worth of upholstery supplies from three of my main suppliers. Everything is up 40-60% in price from last year... And that's if you can get it! I had to pay retail for a couple items I use all the time but can't seem to find in bulk anywhere. (Probably sitting on a container in long beach harbor)

So I'm not surprised at all that the cover costs are up. I'm gonna have to raise my prices across the board as well...

:-(

·
Registered
15 Posts
I thought I would share this but I am not surprised by this tonight. A few months ago I ordered some parts and one of them was on back order, they were Offy Adapter plates and were a good deal at the time @ $107 buck for the pair so I ordered them. I left that part of the order open and it went on and on until it said the date of 3-15-2022 for a delivery. No biggie, today I was just looking at those plates on Summits site and it said delivery day would be tomorrow, WHAT?, so I went and looked up my order and it said the plates were canalled on 12-24-2021. Now I know I did not do that, as I was not home all day and I did not get home due to a flat tire on Christmas Eve until 1 AM. So I called summit and got a flunky rep who told me if I wanted them again I would now have to pay the new price of $170 BS I told the guy and you lost my business forever. I cannot believe how bad this has gotten, well it's their loss as I spent close to 5K on stuff last year and I have more stuff to order, but now form someplace else and I don't mean Jeg's either. Sorry for the rant.
I have had issues with all of them. I have purchased items because they were on sale and a good price. I waited and waited only to have them change the date 2 or 3 times and come back to tell me they really have no idea when it will be shipped. Is it really a good deal if they can't deliver the goods? I am very reluctant to order anything that says it will be shipped straight from the vendor or do not have it in stock. If that's the case, I'll just go straight to the vendor or find someone that does have it in stock before I'll order something. I may pay a bit more but if they can't deliver and your project is sitting there waiting on parts, the frustration just isn't worth saving $50 bucks here and there. The one exception to this is an interior package from Legendary which they make to order. Be warned, delivery dates are 230 some odd days out for Legendary interior packages and I don't see prices getting any cheaper.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Summit has always stood behind any issue I’ve had. Better than the rest I’ve used.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I have always had excellent results from Summit, BUT, one thing no vendor should EVER do is cancel a backorder without the approval of the customer, and unless it is made clear up front, they should ALWAYS honor the original purchase price. If they want to leave that open ended, they need to be CLEAR about that at the point of sale. I buy parts for a living,so I deal with stuff like this every day. My primary filter manufacturer has not been able to get me any oil filters for Mack/Volvo engines since JUNE! Thankfully, another manufacturer has to this point been able to bail me out. The first week of December I ordered $18,000 worth of filters of various part numbers from my primary supplier, and so far have only gotten about 15% of my order.

Reactions: 68Chevele

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have had issues with all of them. I have purchased items because they were on sale and a good price. I waited and waited only to have them change the date 2 or 3 times and come back to tell me they really have no idea when it will be shipped. Is it really a good deal if they can't deliver the goods? I am very reluctant to order anything that says it will be shipped straight from the vendor or do not have it in stock. If that's the case, I'll just go straight to the vendor or find someone that does have it in stock before I'll order something. I may pay a bit more but if they can't deliver and your project is sitting there waiting on parts, the frustration just isn't worth saving $50 bucks here and there. The one exception to this is an interior package from Legendary which they make to order. Be warned, delivery dates are 230 some odd days out for Legendary interior packages and I don't see prices getting any cheaper.
I know what you're saying but the parts are for a future project engine so I have time to wait it out.

·
Premium Member
3,295 Posts
Summit rocks! They aren't the only vendor that cancels back orders if they remain open too long, or don't have an estimate from the manufacturer when they can fill the order.
I have had several items placed on back order for extended periods in the past but Summit has always sent me emails periodically asking if I want to keep the item on order or cancel it. As a long time Summit customer (of many decades), never have they just outright canceled anything in my experience.

Reactions: 68Chevele

·
Registered
201 Posts
I had a Hurst shifter back ordered for 4 months. Summit delivered it in the estimated time frame.
On the other hand I had a door shell damaged during truck freight shipping and its been 5 weeks and no replacement yet. The only good thing is it is already paid for so a price increase will have to go to the next guy.
The door was not from Summit.

One other thing i noticed is the catalog prices dont work anymore. As soon as you order online the price increase is now. One company in particular is the worst while others have not jumped prices yet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have had several items placed on back order for extended periods in the past but Summit has always sent me emails periodically asking if I want to keep the item on order or cancel it. As a long time Summit customer (of many decades), never have they just outright canceled anything in my experience.
Since you have such different experience than the OP's, maybe you can help him out by placing his orders for him from now on.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts