Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a 70 BB 396 car that has a distributor with points, I'd like to buy a new dist with HEI. Are there replacements that I can buy that fit and look factory?

My engine is freshly rebuilt .30 over with factory heads/exhuast manifolds and Qjet. The exhaust has factory head pipes, 40 series Flo's and Flo 2.5" tail pipes..

I'll drive the car to shows and such. Don't need super high performance, just good basic solid spark...

Thanks. Duff

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
I went with the Pertronix in my 65 small block. It all fits inside the cap, took about an hour to install(had to pull distributer and disassemble), works fine(not a high perf setup) reasonably cheap, and could be converted back to the old sytem just as quick if for some reason I wanted to. They have a new one that I believe doesn't even have to come out of the car. Just check any locale NAPA store or any good parts store for this. Hope this helps-Dan

------------------
Dan Williams
65 Conv SS 283/PG

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
try www.davessmallbodyheis.com Dave Ray can convert your points dist and set the curve to match your engine, there is no one better.

------------------
Leo Paugh
Maryland Chevelle Club #017
A.C.E.S.#3731
progress has little to do with speed, but lots to do with direction.
Maryland Chevelle Club

1 - 3 of 3 Posts