Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I am replacing my bench seat in my 66 Malibu and am going with buckets. I am looking for any suggestions from all of you for a good quality seat that would be easy to convert and would be comfrotable. Suggestions? What might I consider?

Thanks,

Scott

·
Premium Member
17,418 Posts
When you say "easy to convert", I assume that Used late-model seats are a possibility?

Look into the Pontiac Grand Am seats (mid 90's and newer?)... I have seen quite a few in Streetrods, etc... And they should be relatively plentiful at wrecking yards... I have seen quite a few with the headrest removed, so they have a "stock" low-back look to them...

·
Registered
819 Posts
I bought some late model Firebird seats off eBay. They are leather and power with a lot of adjustments so you can make them quite comfortable. They also have power adjustable side bolsters to really hug you into the seat for "spirited" cornering. Camaro seats are also plentiful on eBay, but I personally like the look of the Firebird seats a little better (separate head rests vs. high-back bucket). My only complaint is that the seats feel a little small for my big ass (6'4", 250lbs.) Good luck!

·
Registered
558 Posts
I just got my Corbeau sliders and they fit perfectly to the Goodmark adapters. Very nice pieces, high quality. For me, I was more worried about all the conversion pieces fitting because it seems as if there are a lot of seats to choose from. Anybody can buy seats, but will they fit? How will they mount etc etc...now I have a set of very nice heavy duty sliders that fit perfectly and I can choose any of their seats later on. Me...I'm leaning towards the Legacy. Sat in one in a friends car...very comfortable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts