Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the Big Daddy Don Garletts show last night and he showed a 68 or 70 chevelle that was said to be a factory built 502, is this true????????

·
Registered
12,846 Posts
I DON'T THINK SO! You have to buy it (or build it) and put it in yourself. I have never even heard of any prototypes or engineering concepts with a 502. But, anything is possible.

------------------

·
Registered
425 Posts
What he might have been trying to say is that the 502 motor ( not the car w/502) was factory build and comes with a warranty.

These shows get big $$$ from a vendor to show their parts, so assuming that GM was paying to have the 502 shown they wanted it known that it is a factory built, over the counter crate motor. My quess.

------------------
Bill Taylor
Team Chevelle
Gold Member #73

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
If it was a red one, yes it was built by GM. Only thing is that it was built last year. They do this sort of thing all the time at the Proving Grounds in AZ. They also have a "new" yellow '55 2dr post and several others. They use them for promotion and shows. Some job to have. I know several of the guys (and gals) who work out there.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If it was the car show I watched on EPSN2, it was the Mothers' Car show and it was a white 1971. It was S-L-I-C-K.

I think this was a show at Ennis, TX.

Thanks. Len

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.