Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
What is a "gear bottom shifter"? I googled it, it doesn't know either. The wheels aren't w big deal, they are easy to change. Having to deal with the rocket scientist that wrote the ad is likely to be another story.

Stupid and arrogant, that's always a charming combination.

Steve R

·
Premium Member
9,051 Posts
That's just another way of saying floor shifter.As is 3 gear = not a 2 speed powerglide and bottom gear=floor shifter.(do Ur research its a collectors Iteam !!!);)
I hope all they did was change the wheels as I've seen some funky additions to the front suspension to make those 30 inch type wheels driveable.:eek:

Reactions: Kirk's67SS

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
That's just another way of saying floor shifter.As is 3 gear = not a 2 speed powerglide and bottom gear=floor shifter.(do Ur research its a collectors Iteam !!!);)
I hope all they did was change the wheels as I've seen some funky additions to the front suspension to make those 30 inch type wheels driveable.:eek:
I figured that might have been what he meant. I don't see the point to using so much slang, if the goal is to sell the car, why not advertise it in a way that will attract the most positive attention.

Steve R

·
Premium Member
9,051 Posts
I figured that might have been what he meant. I don't see the point to using so much slang, if the goal is to sell the car, why not advertise it in a way that will attract the most positive attention.

Steve R
stupid is as stupid does :thumbsup:

Reactions: Steve R

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
Those wheels look like someone stole them off the sh_t wagon at the neighbor's dairy farm.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts

Steve R
The point is the ad was not meant for our species...;)

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
I not sure if I like or hate them on the car ....
they remind me of my youth when I was 8 yrs old
the Hay/Grain Wagon that I drove the pair of Horses with during the summer/fall,
that Dad owned

he would pull me out of school if he needed someone to drive the horses
while the men worked on the Wagon stacking the Hay/Grain Sheves

they look just like them as they were wooden spoked and with Steel Rims over the Round wood attached to the spokes

Reactions: Saltherring

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
8,733 Posts
I'm on the +57 year old side off things but those wheels are dumb

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
Yeah, Greg, same thing hit me. Those things looked the the wood-spoked wheels on the hay wagon my dad built from a 1929 Oldsmobile chassis. Dad pitched loose, shocked hay into the wagon and my sister and I tamped the load. We, however, pulled our wagon with a Farmall A, not horses. Good times these were, back in the 1950's.

Reactions: Kirk's67SS
1 - 13 of 13 Posts