1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
W

·
0 Posts
I would say he is talking about matching the head and the intake to a specific gasket. Fel-Pro and Mr. Gasket make about as many gaskets as you can imagine, from stock to super big. The intake needs to be a little smaller or nearly the same size, bigger will cause turbulance in the runners when the intake charge whacks into the head hanging in the port.

------------------
Wally
Gold #67
67 Malibu "Small Block"
90 SS454
71 Malibu "Small Block"
93 torch red vette

·
Registered
70 Posts
Gasket matching is when the diamater of the ports on the heads and intake are matched to the inside diamater of the gasket. These guys are right. For mild to moderate street/strip engines, you will be lucky if you could notice the gain in power. This is mostly left to the 500+ HP mutts.

I can't think of a reason that a person would say that gasket matching is a necessity? If possible, see if you can get these things magnafluxed before you buy em.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i will ask him if i can have em checked but he's a pretty good guy and these havent' even been installed yet so im sure they are good to go. he probably wouldn't mind, what does Magnafluxing cost anyway??

------------------
members.aol.com/jnkb2cool/chevelle9.jpg members.aol.com/jnkb2cool/350.jpg
John Krenn
1970 malibu SS look-a-like well kinda
307/200-4r (soon to be 355)

Ft.Worth, Tx

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
And if he insists that you buy them as is, no testing beforehand, run, don't walk away from this guy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.