Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I really screwed this one up...was in a hurry to do the brakes and grabbed the wrong torque bit (used the one for my '98 Camaro). Since it didn't break loose I just put the tires back on until I can get my hands on a new bolt but now I have to figure out how to get the stripped bolt out of there. Of course the end of the bolt is round but I might be able to get my vice grips on the round part and smack it with a hammer. Any other ideas? To make things worse the I need to get it inspected by the end of the month. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

·
Registered
155 Posts
If you clamp the vise grips on there as tight as you can stand it.....i've got them to break free before......you could also maybe try file/grinding some flat spots onto the round bolt head for better grip

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you could also maybe try file/grinding some flat spots onto the round bolt head for better grip

Now that's a good idea, thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.