Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Correct me if I am wrong but does the red between the black stripes look too wide?

Attachments

·
Registered
1971 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu
7,416 Posts
Way too wide.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is another. How hard would it be for a body shop to correct?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Not hard at all if they are stickers... if they are painted on AND go all the way up to the back window over the rear filler panel you're looking at a strip and re-spray. Probably several thousand dollars.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The rears look ok. Just the hood. Can the hood be resprayed. I know it may difficult to match the red exactly.

·
Premium Member
3,592 Posts
Hey Joe, (sounds like a Jimmy Hendricks song) can you post a photo of the trunk lid also? Any shop can repaint the hood to match.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Radius's (radii?) are WAY too large also. If the trunk radii are the same they are incorrect.

Reactions: HKalin

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rears look much more acceptable.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,592 Posts
Rears look much more acceptable.

Agreed, take another photo of the front, I'm not so sure that first photo does your cars paint justice. Gotta admit, the red on 71-72's w/ black stripe sure does look good.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Not really... I'm not saying that to bash the car at all. But you'd be paying someone to essentially "do it wrong" again on the hood if they matched it to the rears.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
Those stripes would be enough for me to not buy the car. Unless the rest of the car is exactly what you want and you are comfortable paying maybe $1500 to have the stripes fixed. $1500 is a pure guess though.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is a good starter to add a 496 to it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hood stripes look way off visually. Most people probably won't be able to tell tho.

Rear looks pretty close. Measure them out see how they are. Just having someone re-do the hood wouldn't be too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
When I wanted to change my hood I was quoted 1500. to paint the hood and stripes. My question would be if I paid someone to stripe the car, How did they get so far off on the front and why would you be paying to fix it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts