Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 weeks ago I purchased a 1968 Chevelle SS. (insert perma-grin here)She was a drag car before I got her, (oh yea, I really hate that...). Anyway, I'm trying to put her back on the street. My problem is that almost all of the wires were cut,(ie speedometer,fuel gauge,wipers etc...)This is my 1st hot rod and I would like information on how I can fix these little problems, (before I have an anxiety attack driving around cops). I bought a manual and the wiring diagrams terrified me. Is there a "beginner type" manual? Also, I would like to lift it about 3-4 inches. I've installed air shocks and spring extenders but I still cannot see the top of my rear tire. Please help...Oh I can't wait to send you a photo! Thank you,
Chad Wilder

·
Registered
79 Posts
Depending on how badly the wiring has been butchered, you may want to purchase a whole new wiring kit. Painless wiring sells one that is a good fit, and it updates the fuses to blade style.

As far as piecing it back together, a general wiring diagram is as good as it gets. I would consentrate on learning how to read one first, it really isn't that hard; and it will help you out in future projects.

Take your time, and do some stretching; you'll be spending a lot of time upside down under the dashboard.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Buy new harnesses.To try and repair a severly butchered harness could result in an expensive BBQ.Wes mentioned Painless,that is a good choice.If originality is what you are after most of the major rest.companies sell complete wiring systems.Just my .02

------------------
There is no replacement for displacement.
72 SS W/ls6,4-SPD. 68 Malibu 396,4-spd.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Don't lift it!.......

------------------
Jungle Jim #105 Gold
70SS396 & 70 Malibu~
"Fight the good Fight every moment, every minute,every day. Make it worth the price you pay!"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.