Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Hi Jon, I have always used a portable steamer when putting in my rugs, I let them set in position for a day or two preferably out in the sun then use this little steamer thingie to get it to the hard to lay down places, Good Luck, L89SEDAN

·
Registered
80 Posts
John..Is it an original type carpet you're trying to install or a regular piece of carpet you bought from a carpet shop? If you bought it from a carpet shop you may want to have it professionally installed. They would be able to cut and seam the carpet properly. If you have an aftermarket type molded carpet, try leaving it in the sun for a few hours and then try it.. Hope this helps..

·
Registered
258 Posts
I bet you have a 4 speed. I bet you have a console. I bet they sold you a bench seat carpet with a big ol' hump. Am I right? The same thing happened to me on my 67. If this is the case, send it back, it will never fit. Year One is selling bench seat carpet for all 4 speeds. They will not fit console cars. Order a standard automatic column shift carpet. It should fit better than the one you've got.

------------------
Jameel Qazi
#'s 67 SS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.