Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK all you electrical gurus this one is for you. I am planning on swapping the idiot light dash out of my 70 and putting in an LS6 dash. I know most everything is in place and ready to go. The only thing I have to add is the wiring for the amp which is no big deal. The only thing that has me concerned is the stock tach. Right now, I have a Sun Super Tach II running off my MSD 6AL box. How do I make sure the stock tach will function correctly with this setup. It has an HEI distributor in it as well.

·
Premium Member
16,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK I have this part figured out now. Next question is, does the tach lead run through the fuse block or no? The harness I got with the LS6 cluster has the tach lead coming out of the number 9 position on the PCB, which I know is correct, and DOES NOT go through the fuse block. Just need to verify that this is correct.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Just to make it clear. The factory harness for the tach wire exits the connector for the gauge panel and runs straight through the firewall grommet to the coil. It did not go through the fuse panel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts