Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still having problems with my turn signals not working right on my 69 Chevelle SS. The left one works fine but when I turn the right one on they both blink but the left one isn't quite as bright. The grounds in the trunk are good, I checked that. Yesterday when my dad was following me he said that when I had my foot on the brake both blinkers worked just fine. Also when I step on the brake all the dash lights and aftermarket gauge lights come on. Now here is my question. When we put in the aftermarket gauges in we hooked the wire for the lights to the fusebox instead of the headlight switch, Would this be causing a bad ground too and feeding back through the blinkers? Any advice would be great. Please help.

·
Registered
467 Posts
My first guess is, Bad turn sig switch. If it were in the dash lights I would think it would do the same right or left. There are contacts in the turn switch that when it is selected right or left it disconnects the tail light circuit for that side only. This can also cause the dash lights come with the brake lights. Bob J.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Make sure you have the correct bulbs and they're in good shape. I spent hours tracking my problems, then replaced the bulbs (all four!) and problems went away.

------------------
Cecil Hawkins
San Diego, CA
1971 GMC Sprint
The Project
All I need is time...and some $$$
"Tourist, go home! And take someone with you!"

[This message has been edited by Cecil (edited 05-22-2002).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts