Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I posted earlier, my fuel gauge isn't working. I have a 69 chevelle. A 3 prong plug goes on the back of the gauge. There is a black wire going into the top of the three plugs that is disconnected on the other end. I don't know where it goes. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Zac, if you fuel gauge is reading PAST full, that black wire is the ground for the gauge.
Look under the dash around the park brake assembly for other black wires and see where they go. OR, just ground the wire to a metal support, all the gauge needs is to be grounded.

·
Registered
85 Posts
try changing the sensor in the tank, common problem, most sensors run on ohms and sometimes short. that might be your problem

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi Zack,according to the chevelle service manual,electrical section for 1969, it shows only two wires plug onto the fuel gage. One is 20 pink which also connects to one side of the following gages, oil,temp,gen,brake indicator and then goes to fuse panel. The other wire is 20 tan and that is the tan wire that connects to your float in the gas tank. The other wire on the float is 18 black and is the ground for the gage and float.Check the ground at the gas tan ,could not be a good connection. Hope that helps. I also have a 69 and that was the problem that I had. Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.