Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

I've been fighting a temp sensor/gauge problem for quite some time. I've been hesitant to install a new/aftermarket gauge. I had a hard time getting the temp sending unit out of the intake. Finally replaced it today. The one that came out does not look like the one recommended by the parts store. The car's supposed to have a 71 402 engine. However, I couldn't swear by it. But either way, the sending unit part number seems to be correct?

I've looked at the wiring diagrams and I'm thinking it's correctly wired. When I turn the switch to "on", the gauge pegs hot. But after starting, it just stays on hot. Does that sound like a bad gauge or is there something else I can check?

I've got a 67 Malibu, cloned to an SS. I just bought a mech gauge, but didn't want to drill a hole in the firewall without trying all options.

Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

To clarify, I disconnected the wire running to the temp sensor, turned the ignition to on, the gauge did not move. But when the temp sending unit is connected, the gauge pegs hot and remains on hot.

Thank you,

Perry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts