Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I use a disc brake set up from a nova? What I have read is you need to change the steering knuckle? Do you just use a chevelle disc brake knuckle? Will the a arms, spindals, tie rod ends and back plates work? Sorry if this has been aswered before but my eyes are cross eyed from so much reading.

Thanks
Travis

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can anyone tell me if a nova spindal is the tall or short? I have a front frame section from a early 70 but not sure if they would work.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I dont have the exact answer for you ..... but it would help everyone else if you said what vehicle you you are trying to put this on 64-72 Chevelle? Stock drum brakes on front?... Power or non power? The best idea is to put info about your car in your signature...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry everone! I have a 72 Chevelle with power drum brakes and I wanted to know if Nova disc brakes would work on it. Thanks Rick for the info. Will I need to change the master cylinder and the power assist can. I think I would need to change the proportioning valve. Can I use my old upper control arms from my old drum brakes?
Thanks
Travis

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Sorry everone! I have a 72 Chevelle with power drum brakes and I wanted to know if Nova disc brakes would work on it. Thanks Rick for the info. Will I need to change the master cylinder and the power assist can.

You will need a master cylinder for a disc car. The booster would probably work OK. But there might be an issue with the length of the push rod between the booster & M/C (there are 2 different lengths).

I think I would need to change the proportioning valve. YES

Can I use my old upper control arms from my old drum brakes? YES
Thanks
Travis
Hope this helps

·
Gold Founding Member
10,972 Posts
Anyone know how long the push rod I would need for the disc brake set up the was mention above?
Long enough to work with the master cylinder you select.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts