Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to have a "sticky" choke on my 70' 350-2 barrel. Start the car up when its cold and usually have to hold the gas pedal down until it warms up a bit so it will not stall. Also when it does engage, and after she is warmed up, the idle remains high. I have to physically adjust to get back to regular idle. I have cleaned the carb a few times and all areas around the carb. Could it be that it is still a bit dirty? Any suggestions greatly appreciated...

------------------
D Smith
ALABAMA
1970 Chevelle 350

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I assume it's an automatic choke? I've never seen those things work right. On my Qjet, I disabled the automatic choke entirely. It would never work right, always flooding the engine and making it impossible to start. I rarely have a problem starting it up just using the gas pedal.

I guess I can get away with that in NC, where it doesn't get all that cold in the winter.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Have you tried replacing the spring on the divorced choke? This setup is 30 years old and they wear out over time.

------------------
Better Late than Never Fred
Team Chevelle #400
Madness takes it's toll, please have exact change.
www.geocities.com/motorcity/shop/9385/1970Chevelle.html

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I haven't checked this spring. Not very familiar with the carb and components. Could it be that this spring just needs to be cleaned? I will check tonight.

------------------
D Smith
ALABAMA
1970 Chevelle 350

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.