Team Chevelle banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told this shifter was factory from a chevelle, my question is what kind of shifter do I need and where would I find one? All I can find is shifters that fit into a sleeve type bracket,

·
Administrator
17,204 Posts
Look's like OEM Muncie with the reverse lockout.
Check with some of the sponsors for the handle assy.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Someone else mentioned reverse lock out to me, how does that work? The shifter is very loose and will shift into reverse very easy without a shifter attached to it

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
That is a stock mechanism for 64-67 Chev (Chevelle Impala Nova) Saginaw or Muncie. The rods will be unique to each of the previously mentioned combinations of cars and trannys. The shifter handles are also unique to the cars (Chevelle Impala Nova) and weather they have bench seats or bucket seats.

Tell me what you have and I will provide a picture of what you are looking for.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is a stock mechanism for 64-67 Chev (Chevelle Impala Nova) Saginaw or Muncie. The rods will be unique to each of the previously mentioned combinations of cars and trannys. The shifter handles are also unique to the cars (Chevelle Impala Nova) and weather they have bench seats or bucket seats.

Tell me what you have and I will provide a picture of what you are looking for.
ITs going in a 68 chevelle with bench seat which was previously a automatic we are converting over to manual\

That may explain why it was so easy to flop over in reverse with the make shift stick shifter that I fab up toadjust the rods

Thanks guys for the info and post a picture if you have one. I work well with pictures

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I see the notch in the stick shift base and I realize the pin at the shifter base, so how does it work, I am sure I would see how it works once I get one in my hands. Is there a slide or something that prevents the shifter from moving over to the left hence the notch until you pull up the lever on the top releasing or at least moving out of the way so the shifter would mover farther to the left?

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
I see the notch in the stick shift base and I realize the pin at the shifter base, so how does it work, I am sure I would see how it works once I get one in my hands. Is there a slide or something that prevents the shifter from moving over to the left hence the notch until you pull up the lever on the top releasing or at least moving out of the way so the shifter would mover farther to the left?
That is exactly correct.:thumbsup: There is a round pin in the base of the handle connected by a cable to the T. The pin is normally held down by a spring. There are also bushings and o-rings that are supposed to keep the parts in the handle from rattling.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts