Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed a cassette player stereo under dash install and now that i brake or turn on the head light switch the stereo shuts off but comes back on after a while, did not do that at first and i did replace the brake switch but didnt help. thanks john.

·
Super Moderator
15,883 Posts
Make darn sure the stereo is getting a clean 12 volts at the hot lead. I have a similar problem in my driver. The lead that feeds the power to the stereo drops voltage occassionally which shuts it off. Instead of chasing the wire I plan to run a whole new power feed to resolve the problem. Double check your connections at both ends and if you tied into an existing circuit make sure the circuit you are using can handle all the items drawing power on it. It would be best to run a power lead for the stereo directly from the fuse panel.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
It's possible that the stereo is loosing the ground. Make sure you have a ground wire from the battery (-) post to the right inside fender. Also be sure that there is a good ground, screwed down to the metal part of the dash.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts