Chevelles.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new steering wheel to complete my newly restored 72 chevelle SS. Now i've been looking through Year One and all the other chevelle magazines but I can find a Steering wheel that is for a descent price.... does any one know where i could get a good looking wheel for a good price?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
EDIT****** i CANT find a Steering wheel for a descent price.

·
Registered
645 Posts
ebay, I see those brushed stainless 3spoke SS wheels for 69-70 on there with the hub and horn complete for 169 all the time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Take a look at this one. The car belongs to SSteve. He recently posted this with the subject "New Dash". Look pretty sharp with that wheel. I believe it is a Grant.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/skaukinen/skaukinenweb.htm

Looks similar to the Grant Classic Nostalgia. Summit sells them for around 65. Don't forget you need to buy a install kit if you decide to go that route. I think it was around 15 or so. They make more expensive billet kits too.

All depends on how much you want to spend and what type of look you want. If 169 is not too much then you have a lot of options. Grant, Sparco, Lecarra, etc. The new OPGI catalog is really nice and has a ton of full color pictures. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
645 Posts
that's the SS Comfort grip wheel that came on 69-70 chevelles that I'm talking about in the post above. Real slick wheel, I'm gettin one once I have some money, and a reason to actually steer the car by other means than pushing the tires left or right

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
hummmmm Hey J70 that wheel your drooling over on ebay .... it sells thru OPG for 106.95 ebay isn't the deal everyone thinks it is !! I"ve watched the walnut trimmed wheel go over 300 dollars on ebay !!! for the cheap rivited one :eek: !! oh & on top of the great price the suckers bid the stuff up too!! watch out for the shipping & handling charges
...its BUYER BEWARE on Ebay !!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what wheel is this?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nevermind, just saw it in the OPGI book

·
Registered
645 Posts
MENO, they have a few in the catalogs... the one for 106 is not an OEM piece, it's an aftermarket wheel that looks similar to the comfort grip wheel that I guess people used to put on these cars back in the 70's. The comfort grip wheel with the brushed spokes is 169 by itself in some catalogs, then add the hub adaptor and horn cap and you're well over 225.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts