Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i often see a ls6 4 speed steering column on e-bay for a buy it now price of $450. i changed to standard and would be nice to have a tilt column but is this the going rate.i am building a clone and do not care that its an ls6 but i have a column shift now and no tilt. ididit have columns too but they are pricey also.

paul
70 chevelle396 clone(in progress)

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
i often see a ls6 4 speed steering column on e-bay for a buy it now price of $450. i changed to standard and would be nice to have a tilt column but is this the going rate.i am building a clone and do not care that its an ls6 but i have a column shift now and no tilt. ididit have columns too but they are pricey also.

paul
70 chevelle396 clone(in progress)

And your question is ?????? :)

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh yeah-when i read it ,anyway is this the going rate? i know you can drive the shifter pin out and grind and fill the nub but that requires removing the column anyway.
what do most others do?i've changed everything else it seems.
also should i be looking for a 4 speed column or will any floorshift column do the same thing.i bought a cc5s conversion kit and i do want reverse lights and the key to come out of the ignition after shutting the car off.
whats the best route?

paul
70chevelle396 clone

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
Their is no difference between a 6 banger with a standard tranny to a labled ls6 4 speed steering column. $450 is steep but if its a tilt column it seems to be the going rate for them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts