Chevelles.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is a '67 chevelle equipped with non-stock 350, MSD 6A ignition box, new and fully-charged battery. Okay, here's my problem. I turn my key and nothing happens. No click, no engine turnover, nothing. This happens about half of the time I try to start the car and it doesn't seem to matter if the engine is hot or cold (although it happens more frequently when the engine has been running a while). The only way I can get the car started when this happens is to turn the key to the ON position and jump the solenoid against the positive with a screwdriver. So far, I have cleaned all wiring harness connections that I could find on the firewall. That didn't fix the problem. Help!!!

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Could be lots of things. Is it an auto? If so, could be the neutral safety switch. Could be ignition switch. When this happens measure the voltage at the starter terminal when key is in START position. I think its the purple wire you want to measure. If no voltage there, fall back to the NSS and measure, and so on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts