Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put in a new wiring harness(factory), with a mini starter. The starter has on 2 posts on it. Where do the wires go and the battery wire? No matter how I hook them up, as soon as I put power to it (with key off), the starter engages? What did I do wrong?
Thank you Tracy

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thats a start Thank you. But know I realized that when I hook up the battery, I have constent power in the car with the key in off position. Out of the wiring harness by the battery, the red wire I have hooked up to the + side of battery. From looking at the wiring diagram I have this looks right, but know I am not sure?
Thanks Tracy

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
I just put in a new wiring harness(factory), with a mini starter. The starter has on 2 posts on it. Where do the wires go and the battery wire? No matter how I hook them up, as soon as I put power to it (with key off), the starter engages? What did I do wrong?
Thank you Tracy
Yr of car??? First, with the key off, check the purple wire for power with it disconnected from starter, it should not have power. It should only have power with the key in the crank position. The rest of the car has to have power to do the above test. If you have a 72, only connect large battery cable and 10g red to starter BAT stud.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it is a 70. there is only power to the purple wire when the keys is in the start position. Is there a chance the selinoid is stuck, and when I hook power iup to it that is why it turns over?
Tracy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts