·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
Started to install my 489 engine I dynoed last week to 567 hp and 558 trq/ft

Marcus

My new converter
=
Hi Marcus,
Looks like you will be on the road in no time, the decal is very cool but you should have gotten a 396 one,, :D
Thanks again :beers:

BTW, did I send you some decals?

·
Premium Member
7,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
=
Hi Marcus,
Looks like you will be on the road in no time, the decal is very cool but you should have gotten a 396 one,, :D
Thanks again :beers:

BTW, did I send you some decals?
Hoping for maybe next weekend. I have a new top with no decal maybe I should get the 396 decal for that one. No you did´nt sent me any decals.
Thanks for the help :beers:

Marcus

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
Hoping for maybe next weekend. I have a new top with no decal maybe I should get the 396 decal for that one. No you did´nt sent me any decals.
Thanks for the help :beers:

Marcus
=
They will be in the mail ;)

To the same address?
And you are welcome :beers:

·
Premium Member
7,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
7,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Crap had to remove the engine the Moroso pan did´nt fit as I thought, made the engine little high in the backend and was hitting the crossmember and flatened the brake line so the rear of the tranny almost hit the floor and was 3/8" high but it was close. Unbolted the pan and modified it a little. Going to have it tig welded still think the car will run next weekend. Going to pick it up tomorrow and then it´s just to sand and spray on some paint and mount it and insatll the engine and tranny again.
Marcus

·
Premium Member
7,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally the engine is in the car have driven it for some small trips everthing seems to be good no big spots of oil or other fluids under the car and the radiator from alumitech seems to cool the engine with no troubles at all. I´m running dual spals with a termostat switch but it has never turn the fans on. Had to trim the cowlhood slightly on the inside for the aircleaner. It still needs some minor adjustments but nothing big. Thanks to Mike Lewis (aka wolfplace) for great help and service with parts, thanks to Don at alumitech for great radiator and thanks to Jake Shoemake for trans parts! Mike by the way the decals arrived just before the wekend.

Some more pictures.

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
Finally the engine is in the car have driven it for some small trips everthing seems to be good no big spots of oil or other fluids under the car and the radiator from alumitech seems to cool the engine with no troubles at all. I´m running dual spals with a termostat switch but it has never turn the fans on. Had to trim the cowlhood slightly on the inside for the aircleaner. It still needs some minor adjustments but nothing big. Thanks to Mike Lewis (aka wolfplace) for great help and service with parts, thanks to Don at alumitech for great radiator and thanks to Jake Shoemake for trans parts! Mike by the way the decals arrived just before the wekend.

Some more pictures.
Hi Marcus
You are most welcome & thank you again for trusting us from half way around the world :beers:

I really like your car, very nice, very clean
I see you found a place for the decal :D

I did a couple of 64 El Camino's for my wife over the years & she really misses them sometimes
One was an original Arizona car that when we bought it had a 283, 3 speed on the column & factory air
Of course I changed all that a bit :D :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts