Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Started redoing my second frame. I rush the first one and it didn't come out like I wanted. So I'm starting over. To many other nice frames on this site for me to cut corners so I decided to do this one right. This frame came with the second car I purchased a while back. Started to do some welding tonight. Still have a ways to go, but this is my first try at doing my own welding. Learning from you guys and took a few lessons since I haven't welded in years.
Ray

·
Premium Member
5,539 Posts
Started redoing my second frame. I rush the first one and it didn't come out like I wanted. So I'm starting over. To many other nice frames on this site for me to cut corners so I decided to do this one right. This frame came with the second car I purchased a while back. Started to do some welding tonight. Still have a ways to go, but this is my first try at doing my own welding. Learning from you guys and took a few lessons since I haven't welded in years.
Ray
Ray, obviously pics aren't the same as in person, but what didn't you like about your other frame? It looked pretty nice...

·
Premium Member
4,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ray, obviously pics aren't the same as in person, but what didn't you like about your other frame? It looked pretty nice...
The other frame was pitted and it shows. I wanted it to be smooth. It was really rusted and even after grinding on it I couldn't get it that smooth. The powder coat guy said he could hid it, but it didn't. And since I'm now building a SS car I just wanted this frame to look correct. Also this frame is stamped and a match to the SS car. My son wants to do a pro touring car so I'm going to let him build the first car.
Ray

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Ray, I understand Your doing another frame.It seems when You restore these cars You have to do things at least twice if not more to get them right.I am sure most team chevelle members who Frame off restored a chevelle or for that matter any car will agree.If You are not happy it is easier to correct now than look at it later and not like it.I quess we are all a little over the edge sometimes but that is the feather in the hat when completed. Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.