Chevelles.com banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the Keisler ad still on Team Chevelle and clicked it to see if the link was dead. I find there is a new company there now.

http://www.keislerauto.com/index.html

Anyone know what's up with that? Selling tremecs by the look of things, I wonder if they will sell the lgt700 too? Just curious.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I noticed the Keisler ad still on Team Chevelle and clicked it to see if the link was dead. I find there is a new company there now.

http://www.keislerauto.com/index.html

Anyone know what's up with that? Selling tremecs by the look of things, I wonder if they will sell the lgt700 too? Just curious.
If they are partnering with Tremec I doubt that they will be selling the LGT700.

Andrew

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
http://www.keislerauto.com/ceomessage.html

Appears they bought up all of Keisler and looking to do business the RIGHT way, from what I can see.

In the end means nothing to me personally since I am going to go with the LGT700 from one of the long time vendors we have here on TC but its good to see someone stepping up and having other offerings for those that want to pursue it.

Having new staff, different people running it is a good thing. Any affiliation with the name Keisler, whether business or an individual with that last name would have been detrimental to this new business, no doubt. As you can tell by their very clear statement in the above link.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Its a little confusing because originally Liberty's purchased the Perfect Fit rights , now he is not mentioned. I wish them well. Maybe Liberty's will be building TKO kits for them, which will assure great quality. Some of the RS series parts I know were made by Legend. With some of Legend equipment sitting in that building with no access to it, maybe some agreement will happen. After reading the intro on the website , it sounds nice but the quote "Keisler Acquisition Team spent more than 8 man-months performing due diligence on product quality" is odd since Keisler filed for bankruptcy in January.... do the "month" math. Unless its simply one of those combined hours working equal 8 months.... who knows. Also public records are your friend. The building and address are at the old Keisler facility and address. That was a nice building on 5 acres. Shafi's last rant stated that "JS" purchased the assets for $150K. Awefully cheap if the property came along with it..... which from the looks of it I doubt. The LLC which owns this building is a company called Wildwood Properties.

guess you runs that LLC?

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Gentlemen,

Mr. Silver has purchased the building in a separate transaction.

We have a lot to do in the next couple of weeks to get up and running and I will be happy to answer any questions anyone has regarding our acquisition of Keisler Engineering's assets, products and technology.

I realize we do not have vendor status on this forum yet so I don't know how much I will be allowed to say.

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
this will be interesting to follow. i hope they have success. i see many names on the website who are ex Keisler employees that most would not notice if not dealing directly with them. i wish them the best of luck and hope the new structure provides a quality product as promised. hopefully this will give the guys with keisler equipment a source for parts and assistance if needed.

wish they would change the background on website...makes it tough to read the text.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
this will be interesting to follow. i hope they have success. i see many names on the website who are ex Keisler employees that most would not notice if not dealing directly with them. i wish them the best of luck and hope the new structure provides a quality product as promised. hopefully this will give the guys with keisler equipment a source for parts and assistance if needed.

wish they would change the background on website...makes it tough to read the text.
Thanks for the comments.

Yes, any prior customers of Keisler Engineering have full access to tech support and any other assistance we can provide.

The website is always changing so check it out!

·
Premium Member
7,118 Posts
Seems like you guys are doing it right. I remember reading quite a few posts where Keister was taking deposits and a year later still not delivering units. Going to need a drop in 5 speed for a 57 Nomad sometime this year fpr a freind. An M22 lives there now.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Thank you Rick for posting the link.

Without going into a long story, the Legend is back and better than ever!

What's different?

• NO DEPOSITS - You only pay when it's ready to ship.
• Complete kits - Down to the crossmember spacers, driveshaft, speedo cable adapter and much more.
• Fast ship times - We sold one yesterday and it shipped SAME DAY. We have a short supply in stock now and more are on the way. We're doing our best to keep a steady stream coming from Legend to avoid shipping delays.
• Our PerfectFit™ Gen6 shifter is now available and comes standard with every unit.
• SST is a distributor for LGT - Full tech support and service is always available.

Please call and we'll be happy to discuss your options.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
Seems like you guys are doing it right. I remember reading quite a few posts where Keister was taking deposits and a year later still not delivering units. Going to need a drop in 5 speed for a 57 Nomad sometime this year fpr a freind. An M22 lives there now.
Sounds like a great car!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,118 Posts
Jeff, delivering the 57 today after an Eddy FI kit is done. I think we will be doing it very soon. Just have to check a few driveability questions then on to the overdrive. No real driving history other than the owner was tired of blowing black smoke, so he brought me the car and an Eddy E Street kit.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Jeff, delivering the 57 today after an Eddy FI kit is done. I think we will be doing it very soon. Just have to check a few driveability questions then on to the overdrive. No real driving history other than the owner was tired of blowing black smoke, so he brought me the car and an Eddy E Street kit.
Andy,

Call me anytime and we'll discuss the options available to make sure you guys get exactly what you're looking for.

Jeff 865-609-8187

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
Andy,

Call me anytime and we'll discuss the options available to make sure you guys get exactly what you're looking for.

Jeff 865-609-8187

What dictates whether a 5 or 6 speed is better suited for the car?

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
In a nutshell...

1. Do you want to cut?
2. Engine type and RPM capability
3. Importance of shifter location (6 speed is limited)
4. How much you want to spend

Jeff
As Andy said, it has an M22. The engine is a 454, which I wouldn't consider a high winder, nor do I intend to race around (like Andy). I have a bench seat and long curved shifter, for which I like the old school look, and it's location is right on the money. The car is my daily driver and it cruises nicely at 60 to 65, but since the speed limit here is 70, I need at least one more gear to keep up with the school buses.
It has a 12 bolt, but I don't know what gear ratio.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts