Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't laugh! I'm still working on the page so bear with me. The link below should have some pics of the new dash. Sorry it took so long but I've finally got the digital camera and am just STARTING to learn how to use the darn thing.

The rest of the car (engine bay included) is rather dirty so I'll be doing a complete detail soon and then post some digital car/engine shots...stay tuned.

PS: these camera's take some detailed shots!

------------------
502 Rat Infested 1970 Malibu - Gold Member #39
Keep America Beautiful - Drive A Brute Force Chevelle!
http://bruteforcechevelle.freeservers.com/

[This message has been edited by Wes Colby (edited 12-19-2001).]

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm not getting anything.

Nevermind, I got it. Man, I'm jealous!!! It's looks killer. Nice job Bro

you're right...That new digital does take some NICE shots. You GO BOYEEEEE!!!!

------------------
The Bottlerat

Don Edmonds
T.C.#1033
1969 Chevelle 3750lbs.
10.57 @ 125mph N/A
1.47 60'
RAT Powered
2002 Harley, Switchblade
Bottlerats Webpage

[This message has been edited by bottlerat (edited 12-19-2001).]

[This message has been edited by bottlerat (edited 12-19-2001).]

·
Registered
184 Posts
that looks really really nice. im in the process of making a custim dash for my elco. with the same gauges but out of carbon fiber instead.

what is that made out of?? aluminum-with black then clear coat? also, how is that mounted to the rest of the dash?

------------------
70 El Camino SS 396
3.73 with a 12 bolt

http://www.geocities.com/bodukess/my_elco_page.html

[This message has been edited by boduke (edited 12-19-2001).]

G

·
WES!

Pictures are to big, to much data, turn down the res on the camera and crop the pics and re-size them. You need to have .jpg files that are around 60 to 80K to make them load faster. If you want people to view them larger, link them to the larger version. You main page needs to load fast so people won't bail out. I tried to view the pics, after about 10 minutes I gave up. I'm on a slow ass dial up.

------------------
www.muncie4speed.com
Gold 67
There is nothing like rowing through the gears at 7500. Stick cars are so much fun they should be a controlled substance!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
only took me a couple of minutes using AOL. dial up at 26k, so you've got a REALLLL SLOOOWWWW connection,
(moving and our new neighborhood we're build a house in, has DSL)
anyway, im almost thinking of removing my ss dash, and finding an old monte dash to do the same thing, you gotta love those guages, i'd just put them where the factory guages go in an SS dash (anyone done this yet??? i think of cool idea's but someone has always already done it) anyway, VERY NICE. but i'da put the tach and speedo next to each other.ooOOooo

------------------
1970 SS396 AKA 454/4spd
My Chev-Hell Page
GOLD Member #783
Ft.Worth, Tx
(OO=ss=OO)

·
Registered
585 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Looks very nice Wes. I am starting to replace all my gauges one by one with the carbon fiber one's from Auto Meter. Kinda wish I would of seen yours earlier
. I think you need to bring the Brute to Lake Jackson for our big car show and cook off that we are having. The car show will be on Saturday March 30th but the cook off will start on Friday night. Our local car club will be participating in the cook off so you will have plenty to eat.
I will be posting more details in the Gathering section, but if any of you other guy's are interested come on and lets visit. I'll make sure you don't go hungry.

------------------
Mike Hurta
(Aug98)
Gold#25
Lake Jackson, Texas
www.chevelles.com/feature/aug98.html

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for checking it out guys...I do appreciate the thumbs up. It's getting there slowly but surely.

Those pop up ads drive me nuts too Lee! I think for $58 a year, I can have them deleted...just not sure if that feature and the extra memory is worth the cost.

Boduke, I wish I could say that I made the thing. The creator in this case is Wayne Scott (aka SS540). He basically used trimmed aluminum pieces to make up the mounting faces and then cut holes in each to accomodate the guages and stereo. The dash was an originally a sweep style. He said that the SS dashes are more difficult to work with because of the extra material found in them to support the factory guages.

Got it Wally.
I've finally learned how to resize my pics. It loads up much faster now and sorry for the snails' pace. If you can swing it, ditch that dial-up bro!

Mr. Hurta, good to hear from you! That car show sounds like a lot of fun and I'll do my best to make it. Give me another heads up about a month in advance if you would. The cook-off sounds good to me - yum, yum!!

------------------
502 Rat Infested 1970 Malibu - Gold Member #39
Keep America Beautiful - Drive A Brute Force Chevelle!
http://bruteforcechevelle.freeservers.com/

[This message has been edited by Wes Colby (edited 12-20-2001).]

·
Registered
135 Posts
Good to see it back. Still lovin' that dash! (And that motor, and those rims...)

------------------
The ongoing saga of the MALIBRUISER 70 SS fake
MALIBRUISER

G

·
Wes, I'm so far from the phone company office I'm lucky I get dial tone. No custom stuff for me. You need to be way under 15000 feet from the CO to get any kind of go fast service like DSL. I think I'm going to give the Comcast deal a shot, they put fiber in this past summer and claim I can get hooked up at full tilt speed.

------------------
www.muncie4speed.com
Gold 67
There is nothing like rowing through the gears at 7500. Stick cars are so much fun they should be a controlled substance!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wes,

That looks very good, how did the dash get attached, wood screws, sheet metal, bolts?

My son wants to do something like that to his car, I would like to know how to do it. also, in one of your pictures it looked like you had a starter solenoid over buy what looked to be a fuel pressure regulator. I've seen those advertised by Taylor to control the hot start problem. Is that what I saw? If so does it work? Last but certainly not least, I remember when my son was that age, now he's the one with the car. Have fun, these are good times.

If any of you have a chance to use cable,(lan), for the net hook up, it is well worth the money. Cable is lighting fast. The pictures loaded for me in less than 3 or 4 seconds. I am so spoiled now I don't think I could ever go back to phone line.

later.........bk

·
Gold Founding Member
978 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.