Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a set of used ss wheels for my
70 chevelle, the factory style lug nut sinks in the rim hole to far, is there a different lug nut I can use? Has anyone ran into this problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes they are acorn nuts but some of them go in further than 1/16,is there another nut I can use?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Toad, Is the wheel or lug nut damaged ? Or do you just have the wrong style lug? Some lugs have less of an angle where they seat against the rim.maybe go to the boneyard and compare your lugs to some other GM lugs.

[This message has been edited by Joe454 (edited 07-07-99).]

·
Premium Member
7,908 Posts
This is a common problem with SS wheels. I have some GM truck lug nuts which I believe were used with aluminum wheels. They have a very big taper and have worked well for me on wheels with over sized holes. I'll try and dig up the part numbers again. I posted this information several months ago.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have a set of 69' SS wheels and tried using the lug nuts that are suppose to be used with these wheels and they seemed to be too small for them. I went to Murray's auto parts and bought Gorilla lug nuts that are 7/16" model 71177. These seem to work great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.