Team Chevelle banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an SS dash but there is no tach, and original one's are very hard to find. Does anyone make a factory looking replacment that will go into the existing spot in my dash and run off the HEI distributor tach connector?

·
Registered
500 Posts
You have to change your whole instrument cluster to gages instead of idiot lights, I think .You also have to change your wiring harness.Right guys? Or can you use a tach with lights?Anyway someone will get this straight for you.You can get a used set on this site anywhere from $300-$700, depening on what you want.Try getting in touch with team member Steve S. he might be able to hook you up.Email him at [email protected]
Tell him Calvin sent you. Original Parts Group also sells some reproduction stuff.
1-800-chevelle

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Original parts group has two 70 reproduction tachs listed($189) for the "round gauge style dash"listed as a new item in their new catalog.They are 5500 and 6500rpm. red line versions. 1-800-chevelle.

Rene

·
Registered
216 Posts
Try calling OPG on the phone and see what happens! I tried calling them 2 weeks ago and got a recording stating that phone orders were not able to be taken and to fax your order in. How the hell do you run a mail order business without phone orders !!!?? They are the worst parts supplier I have ever dealt with. It has been about 3 years since the last time I swore them off after lousy service. I figured maybe by now they've changed. Guess not! Try calling Ken at Ground Up. (The site sponsor) I was talking to him on the phone a few weeks ago and he was telling me that he was going to carry all those gauges too. I'd feel much safer ordering them from him! Plus if they are not really available yet at least he will tell you and not just take your money and put you on backorder!

------------------
72 SS coupe clone & 68 ragtop, 69 ragtop. www.NoNecksChevelle.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts