Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never seen my '72 SS guage cluster (in action), so could someone help me with two lights that I don't know what they're for.

Here's a pic: www.athenet.net/~chevelle/cluster.jpg

I see the Left/Right turn signal indicators with the green covers, but directly below are two more indicators. One with a red cover, the other with nothing over it. What are these for?

Thanks for the help,

------------------
JeffK ACES #01510
Team Chevelle Gold #72
496 EFI/Richmond 6-Speed
[email protected]
www.athenet.net/~chevelle

[This message has been edited by JeffK (edited 11-01-99).]

·
Administrator
16,175 Posts
One could be a seat belt warning lamp, I think 72 was the first year for that, the other??? hi beam,brake warning???

------------------
Philip Valentine
Lakeside, AZ
Team Chevelle Member #42 GOLD
[email protected]

·
Registered
235 Posts
Is a '72 that much different than a '70? On my '70 the brake indicator is on the left and the high beam is on the right. Curious.

------------------
Dave Knapp
TC #388
'70 SS 396

·
Registered
321 Posts
The light on the right should have a blue lense (it looks that way in the picture). It is the High Beam inidcator. It is not labeled as far as I can remember. It is also not very obvious when lit in the dash.

The light on the right, which is missing its lense, is the brake warning light. If it had the lense it would say "BRAKE".

Both are the same for 70 - 72. Why? Because the PCB are the same, ergo they mate to the dash harness connector the same.

The seat belt warning light is seperate from the dash cluster. It is a rectangular cut-out with rounded corners and a red lense. It resides just to the left of the cigarette lighter.

------------------
??michael j Team Chevelle Gold #77
70 Chevelle SS396 4sp, Fathom Blue/White Stripes - Canadian built

[This message has been edited by michael j (edited 11-01-99).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.