Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently restoring a 1972 Chevrolet El Camino SS. I want to drill the holes for the "SS" emblems in the fenders. I have an assembly manual for the vehicle and there are 2 lines listed. One is a 20 with a circle around it on horizontal. The other is a +5 with a circle around it on vertical. Where are these measurement from? I measure the original fender and can not come up with these measurements. I do not know if the original is correct as the emblems do not fit in the holes. There were no emblems on original fenders when purchased and I want to get them in the correct location.

Thank You!

Dan R. Shumway

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Do a search on this site…I think it's been discussed before…

good luck,

Claude. ;)

·
Premium Member
19,966 Posts
I am currently restoring a 1972 Chevrolet El Camino SS. I want to drill the holes for the "SS" emblems in the fenders. I have an assembly manual for the vehicle and there are 2 lines listed. One is a 20 with a circle around it on horizontal. The other is a +5 with a circle around it on vertical. Where are these measurement from? I measure the original fender and can not come up with these measurements. I do not know if the original is correct as the emblems do not fit in the holes. There were no emblems on original fenders when purchased and I want to get them in the correct location.

Thank You!

Dan R. Shumway
The measurements are based on '0' reference lines. Look on page 490 of the AIM - SQUARING DIMENSIONS. If you really need to go off those drawings I get a cloth tape, some masking tape, and a second pair of hands to locate the '0' reference points marked beforehand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts